Friday, January 23, 2009

Creative & Cheap Ways of Advertising Your Business

Keeping a business afloat in early 2009 is certainly a challenge. It takes me back to when I first began my web design business and needed to advertise on a $50 advertising budget!

One thing I did then and am getting ready to do again now, is send out a few targeted mailings. I ordered some nice postcards from Vista Print, bought some postcard stamps from the post office, went through the phone book yellow pages looking for companies who might need my services and mailed a few cards out. I actually made a couple of contacts through those mailings that became long-term customers. It was well worth the initial cost. This time, I am searching online for local businesses who might need my services and will be sending out a few postcards at a time. I am also going to keep some postcards with me at all times to hand out or stick on public bulletin boards around town.

Since I am reestablishing myself in a new area, I am also handing a few business cards out to friends, relatives and business owners I have worked with, so they can pass them out to others. Believe me, my husband's wallet is full of my business cards!

Another thing I did recently was to post my services on one of the local television station's free online classified sections. I got lots of web site hits the first few days, when my ad was on the landing page. It dropped off after awhile because new ads were being posted and so did my hits, but it was free and is still up for someone who finds it.

In a business climate like this, we need to keep thinking of creative and economical ways to advertise our businesses. If we do, we may just be able to hang on.

1 comment:

  1. The content you have provided is pretty interesting and useful and I will surely take note of the point you have made in the blog.

    I was surfing the Internet a few days back to find out what would be the best strategy to get mass exposure and traffic to my website. I found that newspaper and magazine advertising can be very helpful. If you are looking to boost your website traffic at affordable rates and get an audience of millions to view your website, then try advertising in broadsheet newspapers that offer national exposure.

    I did this with web windows which is a UK based company and found amazing results with my newspaper ads. It’s also got the added advantage of reaching out to those potential customers who do not use the Internet.

    I thought this information might be useful for anyone looking for solutions to get more traffic to their website at affordable rates.

    ReplyDelete