Tuesday, January 27, 2009

The Joys of Advertising!

OK, I spent the morning creating a database of local business mailing addresses so I can print out address labels and get some direct mail pieces sent out. I finish the database, set up my labels for printing, merge the database and document and populate the fields on the label. Everything seemed to go so well. But alas, it was not to be. For some reason, my data field number plunked itself in front of the first line of each address. Why? Why? Why? The document will not let me go through manually and delete the numbers and I cannot print and send labels out that way. Looks unprofessional.

So, I go back to the old fashioned way. Use a template and a lot of copying and pasting. Finally, finish the addressing the second time, try printing a test run on a plain sheet of paper and... a paper jam! I tell ya, the frustration level can really rise fast. OK, fix that and finally have my sheets of labels printed and ready.

Now I just need to stick the labels on to the postcards and get them mailed out. Sounds almost as easy as printing out a few labels, doesn't it?

No comments:

Post a Comment